Sun, 26 Jul|
Expand Your Awareness Virtual Tea Ceremony
In this Golden Age, we embrace the spirit of Cha Dao to weave this boundless mandala of love around the Universe.
Time & Location
26 Jul 2020, 10:30 – 11:30 BST
About the Event
Tea ceremonies are beneficial for you if...
- You are ready to stop the narrative that doesn't allow you to be the star of your show
- You would like to deepen your intuition
- You desire to awaken to abundance and fullness of life
- You want to be able to mindfully observe your thoughts and cure obsessive thinking for good.
Cha Dao (The Way of Tea) is a way of life that, through meditation with Tea, can teach us to let go and surrender to the flow of the Universe, to notice the minutae and gently melt away our hardened hearts to reveal our true authentic self. Taoist sages and Zen monks have sat with Tea many centuries ago to turn their gazes inward, and metaphorically travel to the depths of the windswept mountaintop for serenity and enlightenment. A life devoted to Cha Dao will allow you feel that sense of tranquillity seep into your everyday life, even when you are not drinking Tea. The truth is in the Tea: When everything is a ceremony, everything you see and do and feel is divine.
Social Distancing Update:
Now, as we adjust to these winds of change, we look at serving Tea virtually, instilling stillness and presence of mind across the digital waves. You can still participate by simply finding a quiet corner and sitting in silence with me during the tea ceremony. What you need:
1. A bowl or cup is fine too. Prepare a flask or kettle of hot water. If you have no loose leaf teas around, simply pour this steaming hot water into the bowl/cup and drink in tandem with me.
2. As you sit in silence you begin to become conscious of the Qi the heat is catalysing within you. Continue to sip on the water/tea, and begin to sink into this meditative silence. The more often we partake in ceremony, the easier we find it to sink into meditation and slowly, this meditative pace and appreciation for the simplest things in life will seep into your daily lives.
After the ceremony has ended, I will be opening the floor to reflections, questions, and of course, a chat. The bowls, as they come and go during the tea ceremony, is a symbolic mandala of our connection – as we sit together we drop all egos and identities are simply being ourselves, with the conscious awareness that we are also all individuals who will eventually leave this ceremony to go on with our lives. In this moment, it is my honour to sit and connect us all. In this moment that is all that matters – this very moment.